Piltdown Residents Association
1 Name of Organisation – Piltdown Residents Association
The name of the Association shall be Piltdown Residents
2 Aims of the Association
To safeguard and promote the interests of residents in the area on all matters concerning housing and environment of the estate and the social and community life.
Membership shall be open, regardless of nationality, political party, race, sexual orientation, or religious opinions, to all residents of PILTDOWN over the age of sixteen.
- A Committee shall be elected to carry out the business of the Association.
- The Committee shall be made up of Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer NO LESS THAN THREE other general members. (As attached at Schedule 1)
- The Committee shall be elected annually, by ballots of residents of the estate, each December for the following year.
- The officers shall carry out the duties given to them by general meeting of the Association.
- Any elected Officer may be asked to stand down if requested to do so by A MAJORITY VOTE OF THE COMMITTEE.
5 Annual General Meeting
- Within four months of the end of the according year, the Committee shall convene and Annual General Meeting at which the Committee shall make a report of it’s activities and present a Statement of Accounts.
- The Secretary shall advise AND PUBLISH locally details of the AGM AND CHANGES TO THE CONSTITUTION not less than fourteen days before the meeting.
6 Other General Meetings
- A special general meeting open to all residents of the estate will be held if five or more residents submit in writing, a request for such a meeting to the Secretary, who shall arrange for such a meeting to take place within fourteen days.
- In all cases the Secretary will give at least seven days notice of all meeting of the Committee.
Four of the Committee Members shall form a quorum at A COMMITTEE meeting of the Association. FIFTEEN WILL FORM A QUORUM AT A PUBLIC GENERAL MEETING.
- The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be Trustees of the Association’s assets. OF these, any two shall be empowered to sign instructions for the spending of the Association’s funds.
- The Treasurer shall keep separate records of all financial transactions undertaken by the Association, and report thereon to the Committee.
- The Treasurer shall prepare each year a Statement of Accounts made up to 31 December.
- The accounts shall be examined at least once a year by a person who is approved by the Association.
- The Treasurer shall agree the arrangements for the security of the Association’s assets including any bank facilities, with the COMMITTEE.
9 Changes to Constitution
- The Constitution may only be altered at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting.
- All Proposed changes to the Constitution must be submitted in writing to the Secretary at least fourteen days before the general meeting.
- Any changes to the Constitution must be agreed by a majority of two thirds of the members present at the meeting.
10 Dissolution of the Association
- The Association may only be dissolved by a Special General Meeting called for that purpose.
- Such a meeting must be advertised at least fourteen days before the date of the meeting.
- A proposal to dissolve the Association shall only take effect if agreed by two thirds of the members present at the meeting.
- All funds and documents relating to the Association shall be disposed of in accordance with the wishes of the meeting. Any assets remaining after the satisfaction of any debts and liabilities shall be applied towards charitable purposes for the benefit of the residents of the estate as the Association.