The following links are PDF files showing the Piltdown Walks:
Public Paths over the Golf course
Jon Wale, who has explored the local footpaths, has kindly provided the links below:
Find Rights of way on East Sussex by following this link:
Walking maps of East Sussex from the county council
This walk takes a trip around Shortbridge following the river Ouse, starting from the Peacock pub.
Short youtube clip of a walk around Piltdown
Excellent work done locally by the Monday Group keeping the footpaths open.
This article from the Guardian tells about the lost 10,000 footpaths.
TEN WALKS IN AND AROUND FLETCHING
(Using Registered Public Footpaths)
- Fletching Church to Mallingdown & Oak Ferrars and Fletching.
- Fletching Church to Ruttingham Farm & Black Ven and Fletching.
- Fletching to Moyses Farm, Sheffield Mill Pond and Fletching.
- Fletching to Barkham Manor ponds and return.
- Woolpack Farm, Mark Street, and Sheffield Forest to exit at Wilmshurst.
- The Peacock (Shortbridge) via Fairhazel to Uckfield and return via Cop Wood and Buckham Hill.
- From Sheffield Arms into Sheffield Forest.
- Fletching to Newick village and Sharpsbridge and return via Grislings Common and Valley Farm.
- Sheffield Arms to River Ouse at The Sloop and return via Wapsbourne Wood.
- Fletching Church to Piltdown Common Golf Course and return via Barkham Manor vineyards.